Version 2.0 | May 2018
We collect personal information from our customers or potential customers in the regular course of doing business. This statement applies to you if:
- you are a contact of ours, for example through visiting our website and requesting information from us; or
- you are a customer of ours and we have an economic relationship with you; or
- you are a user of our various software products such as DistillerSR or CuratorCR.
This statement answers some of your most frequently asked questions, and lets you know how we’re using and how we’re protecting the information you entrust to us. We have changed some of our policies and procedures based on the coming into force of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May of 2018.
You have the right under certain circumstances to access, correct or delete your personal information or to object to our use of your information, and you can find out more about this in the relevant sections below. For additional information you can get in touch directly with our Privacy Contact – their contact information can be found on our Contact Us page.
What personal information does Evidence Partners collect about me?
When you purchase a license to use our software, we collect the following personal information about you, and/or your organization, which falls under the definition of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) under the GDPR. Under no circumstances do we collect any information that would be classified as Special Categories of PII under the GDPR. This information is:
- Postal Code
- Phone Number
- Email Address for Work contact
- Purchase history
- Evidence Partners software product/service preferences
When you and/or your users login to use our software, we also collect:
- User names and work email addresses, for the purposes of recording use of our system and maintaining the audit logs which are required for regulatory compliance of our software and which are a critical feature of our system;
- information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of operating system and browser you use, and your login credentials;
- what pages you visit on our site, what links you click on and what changes you make to your studies including reports generated, again in order to maintain the audit trail and provide software functionality.
- Performance and use metrics on your use of the system, such as project size, project complexity, system response times and so on, to enable us to continually improve our software and the user experience.
When you visit our website, we collect:
- The personal information you choose to share with us by completing the contact form on the site.
- Standard IP address, browser type and navigation information about pages visited from your visit so we can understand the traffic to our website.
- Website activity Information received anonymously through Google Analytics.
How does Evidence Partners use this information?
The reasons we collect personal information from you are:
- Customer Technical Support.
- Communication regarding administrative matters such as regulatory compliance and software release activities.
- Contact relationship management including notification to customers of expiring licenses, or providing you with information such as blog post notification or white papers that you have requested.
- Customer service and evaluation of customer experience, for example evaluating the compatibility of your browser with Evidence Partners software or asking you to provide user feedback on certain features.
- Receiving orders from customers.
- To complete a sale/transaction.
- To communicate with you to market and sell Evidence Partners products or services.
If it’s a necessary part of any of these transactions, we may disclose your information to another company, but this is exceedingly rare. For example, we give your name and address to a courier company to complete a delivery of a hard copy of our contract together. We do not conduct credit checks, and we use a trusted third party for credit card transactions, so we are never in possession of your credit card information. Our marketing and sales communications contain opt-out provisions.
If you are a customer, we may still need to send you important information about your DistillerSR account, even if you opt out of receiving other updates from us.
Use of Personal Information for Secondary Reasons
Evidence Partners does not use your personal information for secondary reasons.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
Evidence Partners does not share your personal information with any third parties.
However, clicking the Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media icons on our site transfers you to websites operated by those entities, at which point Evidence Partners no longer has any control over any of the information you may provide, and you are governed by the privacy policies of those entities, not this Evidence Partners Incorporated privacy statement.
Right to be Forgotten; Obligation to be Remembered
The GDPR provides for the rights of individuals to see what PII we have collected about you, and to request correction or deletion of that information by us. If you are a resident of the European Union and wish to avail yourself of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a contact in our marketing and sales database, we will provide you with our response to that request in a timely fashion, and can make appropriate modifications to our information, up to and including deletion as may be the case.
If you are a user of our software, your activities in the software are tracked as described above in order to ensure that the audit logging features of our software are complete. This is required in order for Evidence Partners to maintain 21 CFR Part 11 regulatory compliance, as our customers use that information to support regulatory submissions based on the output from our systems. We are unable to adjust the audit trail in any project in any way. While the specific PII tracked through software use is minimal and project related only, users should be advised that Evidence Partners will not be able to honour deletion requests relating to software use.
Protecting Personal Information
Evidence Partners protects personal information by ensuring that all interactions between your computer and our servers for use of our software are encrypted, and we make use of a number of advanced security features built in to our software and associated with our hosting infrastructure to ensure that your personal information remains protected at all times. Contact us for further information.