Unfortunately, this posting is no longer active.
Please visit our Careers homepage to view all current job postings.
Do you have a passion for testing amazing software?
We are looking for a Quality Control Engineer to join our diverse and talented team. Your mission: to help us to test innovative features to improve our SaaS product, DistillerSR.
We are looking for a Quality Control Engineer to join our team in our Quality Assurance department who will be primarily responsible for validating and verifying the quality of deliverables throughout the development lifecycle. You will collaborate with an energetic team of Developers, Test Engineers, and a Product Manager throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete. As a member of the Quality Control team, your responsibilities will include participating in team management and mentoring, test development (manual and automated), the execution, identification, and investigation of issues, as well as advancing the Quality Control process. You must be a team player, be able to communicate well, manage multiple projects, proactively solve problems, and deliver against tight-deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Review and analyze technical and/or functional specifications
- Create, document, and execute test scenarios, protocols, and automation test scripts based on specifications to verify application functionality
- Investigate and report problems/defects identified as necessary during testing and re-testing, and provide test coverage analysis based on automation results
- Accurately communicate and report testing status and overall results
- Collaborate with development team to understand how development changes affect ongoing automation efforts
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used
- Support testing of software development cycle that uses Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid models
- Effectively work on multiple applications and teams simultaneously
What We’re Looking For
- Prior experience in Manual and Automation testing
- Experience in creating, maintaining and executing Tests
- Experience with Automation Framework Design and Implementation
- Experience with automation using Gherkin, Behat, PHP
- Familiarity with test tracking tools and ticket management systems (e.g. QC, HP ALM, JIRA etc.)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in Integration Testing, gray-box testing
- Experience with Cross Browser Testing and platforms.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, performance and UX testing
- Experience in participating exploratory and/or AdHoc testing sessions
- Knowledge of compliance standards (GAMP)
Please send your CV to email@example.com. We’ll be in touch promptly with all candidates selected for an interview.
Please note: all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Relocation assistance is not provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and as such qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Who We Are
Evidence Partners is a successful, Ottawa-based software company delivering innovative solutions for better, faster evidence-based research.
Our core product, DistillerSR, is a SaaS platform that is used globally by researchers, pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, governments, NGOs, and academic institutions to deliver life changing evidence-based research faster and more efficiently. Our software combines proprietary data management, workflow, and AI technologies that are fundamentally changing the way researchers conduct systematic literature reviews.
As a part of our team, you will contribute to our corporate mission to have a positive impact on global healthcare research. We provide a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package, and an incredible opportunity to work with leaders in the field.