We are looking for a Tier 1 Support Specialist to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software/application problems and help our customers install and configure the applications.
Responsibilities will include diagnosing application issues, liaising with Tier 2 Support Specialists, Software Developers, and Quality Control, and providing excellent communication to our customers. You will use email and chat applications to respond quickly to application issues.
Experience is the determining factor to be qualified for this role. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus.
Ultimately, you will be someone who our customers trust, and will come to rely on to provide timely and accurate solutions to their application problems. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with software related issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
This position is based in the Evidence Partners head office in Ottawa, Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup, application configuration, and usage assistance
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Walk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. Tier 2 Support Specialist, Software Developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers, while maintaining excellent relationships
- Refer to the internal database or external resources to provide accurate solutions
- Maintain internal knowledge base by documenting technical knowledge in the form of notes and instructions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their applications are fully functional after troubleshooting.
- On-call hours may be required
What We’re Looking For
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Specialist, Desktop Support Specialist, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Zendesk)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Post-secondary education is a plus
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux or similar technologies is a plus
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be in touch promptly with all candidates selected for an interview.
Please note: all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Relocation assistance is not provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and as such qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Who We Are
Evidence Partners is a successful, Ottawa-based software company delivering innovative solutions for better, faster evidence-based research.
Our core product, DistillerSR, is a SaaS platform that is used globally by researchers, pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, governments, NGOs, and academic institutions to deliver life changing evidence-based research faster and more efficiently. Our software combines proprietary data management, workflow, and AI technologies that are fundamentally changing the way researchers conduct systematic literature reviews.
As a part of our team, you will contribute to our corporate mission to have a positive impact on global healthcare research. We provide a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package, and an incredible opportunity to work with leaders in the field.