Unfortunately, this posting is no longer active.
Please visit our Careers homepage to view all current job postings.
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to provide enterprise-level testing capabilities. You will design and run manual and automated tests, help to diagnose and troubleshoot software/application problems and provide detailed descriptions to the development team to correct the issues.
Based in our Kanata office, you will use available tools to find application issues, and will also create new processes and infrastructure to improve our capabilities. You will work closely with the developers in a Scrum framework to ensure a high-quality product is delivered at the end of each Sprint.
You will have a degree in a related field and ideally some exposure to developing software. If you naturally like to break things, understand software and can understand complex systems quickly, we’d really like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person who our customers trust, and customer empathy is one of our core values. Our customers will come to rely on you to provide a solid application experience.
- Design test plans, procedures, scenarios, and scripts to accurately assess new products or software updates according to customer requirements and company policies.
- Develop testing protocol for various aspects, such as usability, database impact, error and bug finding, regression testing, and implementation scenarios
- Create automated tests for integration and system regression
- Run manual tests on multiple products as required
- Prove for scalability and performance
- Triage defects and supply details to developers
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Not afraid to suggest or back big ideas however disruptive
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, or similar field
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience
- Excellent time-management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with database technology (e.g. Mongo, MySQL) and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Well-rounded experience with multiple operating systems, virtualization technologies, and test environments
- Proven work experience as a Software Test Engineer
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please provide an example of a complex personal project of which you are proud. We’ll be in touch promptly with all candidates selected for an interview.
Please note: all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Relocation assistance is not provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and as such qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Who We Are
Evidence Partners is a successful, Ottawa-based software company delivering innovative solutions for better, faster evidence-based research.
Our core product, DistillerSR, is a SaaS platform that is used globally by researchers, pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, governments, NGOs, and academic institutions to deliver life changing evidence-based research faster and more efficiently. Our software combines proprietary data management, workflow, and AI technologies that are fundamentally changing the way researchers conduct systematic literature reviews.
As a part of our team, you will contribute to our corporate mission to have a positive impact on global healthcare research. We provide a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package, and an incredible opportunity to work with leaders in the field.