Unfortunately, this posting is no longer active.
Please visit our Careers homepage to view all current job postings.
To support our continued growth, Evidence Partners is seeking a highly motivated DevOps Engineer to join our growing Agile R&D team. In this role, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, development, monitoring, and support of our production cloud infrastructure.
Ideal candidates will have a development background and a keen interest in deployment architecture and automation, or a System Administrator background with a passion for development and the SDLC.
The DevOps Engineer role ensures that production infrastructure is kept up to date, and that deployment of features are seamlessly transitioned through to production on a continuous integration/deployment process.
- Develop, test and maintain build and deployment scripts in CI/CD framework/tools to automate and streamline deployment processes.
- Drive the Operations team toward automation and deployment best practices.
- Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management.
- Actively participate in Engineering Scrum and design meetings to drive quality releases.
- Monitor applications with Application Performance Monitoring tools.
- Produce and maintain documentation on installations, procedures, and requirements for systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations for maintaining the environment.
- Provide hands-on support to developers, eg. troubleshooting builds, troubleshooting dev/stage/prod issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- Three or more years of related experience
- Ability to adjust to constant business change, including new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies
- Experience with automation/configuration management with Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent
- Integration of Git, PHPunit Testing and Selenium in continuous deployment
- Strong knowledge/experience with MySQL Databases
- Knowledge/experience with NoSQL Databases
- Knowledge/experience in 24/7 always-up, always available services
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, SNS, Lambda, OpsWorks, etc)
- Experience with Ansible, Vagrant and Docker/Kubernetes in a production environment
- Working knowledge of PHP and Python languages
- Experience/knowledge of administering application servers, web servers, and databases
- Experience in Linux/Unix Administration/scripting
Please send your CV to email@example.com. We’ll be in touch promptly with all candidates selected for an interview.
Please note: all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Relocation assistance is not provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and as such qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Who We Are
Evidence Partners is a successful, Ottawa-based software company delivering innovative solutions for better, faster evidence-based research.
Our core product, DistillerSR, is a SaaS platform that is used globally by researchers, pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, governments, NGOs, and academic institutions to deliver life changing evidence-based research faster and more efficiently. Our software combines proprietary data management, workflow, and AI technologies that are fundamentally changing the way researchers conduct systematic literature reviews.
As a part of our team, you will contribute to our corporate mission to have a positive impact on global healthcare research. We provide a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package, and an incredible opportunity to work with leaders in the field.